Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Witt, IL
Personal Injury Claims Witt, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Witt and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a free consultation. Our Witt, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s important to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Witt, IL, cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Witt personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to reach out to a local Witt claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Witt, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Witt injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Witt, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Witt, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Witt, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Witt. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm today.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Witt claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Witt victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Witt, IL, are available 24/7.