Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Gillespie, IL
Personal Injury Claims Gillespie, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Gillespie and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact us today for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Gillespie, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is critical to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Gillespie, IL, cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Gillespie personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is essential for families to contact a local Gillespie claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Gillespie, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Gillespie injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Gillespie, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Gillespie, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Gillespie, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Gillespie. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Gillespie claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Gillespie victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Gillespie, IL, are available 24/7.