Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Washington County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Washington County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Washington County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact our attorneys now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Washington County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Washington County, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Washington County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Washington County claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Washington County, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Washington County injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Washington County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Washington County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Washington County, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Washington County. Here are a couple of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Washington County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Washington County victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Washington County, IL, are available 24/7.