Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Macoupin County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Macoupin County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Macoupin County and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Macoupin County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is essential to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Macoupin County, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Macoupin County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s crucial for families to get in touch with a local Macoupin County claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Macoupin County, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Macoupin County injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Macoupin County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Macoupin County, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Macoupin County. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm now.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Macoupin County claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Macoupin County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Macoupin County, IL, are available 24/7.