Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Scottsville, IL
Personal Injury Claims Scottsville, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Scottsville and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact Drummond Law now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Scottsville, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s crucial to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Scottsville, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Scottsville personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to contact a local Scottsville claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Scottsville, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Scottsville injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Scottsville, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver ignores a red light and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Scottsville, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Scottsville, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Scottsville. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Scottsville claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Scottsville victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Scottsville, IL, are available 24/7.