Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Virden, IL
Personal Injury Claims Virden, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Virden and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us today for more information and a free consultation. Our Virden, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is crucial to get the best legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Virden, IL, claims:
- Most injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Virden personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s crucial for families to contact a local Virden claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Virden, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Virden injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Virden, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Virden, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Virden, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Virden. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Virden claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Virden victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Virden, IL, are available 24/7.