Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Cape Girardeau, MO
Personal Injury Claims Cape Girardeau, MO. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Cape Girardeau and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact our attorneys now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Cape Girardeau, MO, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is important to get top-notch legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Cape Girardeau, MO, claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Cape Girardeau personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It is essential for families to contact a local Cape Girardeau claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Cape Girardeau, MO, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Cape Girardeau injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Cape Girardeau, MO, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Cape Girardeau, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Cape Girardeau, MO | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about injury claims in Cape Girardeau. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Cape Girardeau claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Cape Girardeau victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Cape Girardeau, MO, are available 24/7.