Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Fulton, IL
Personal Injury Claims Fulton, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Fulton and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact our attorneys today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Fulton, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s essential to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Fulton, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Fulton personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Fulton claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Fulton, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Fulton injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Fulton, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Fulton, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Fulton, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Fulton. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Fulton claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Fulton victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Fulton, IL, are available 24/7.