Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Taylorville, IL
Personal Injury Claims Taylorville, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Taylorville and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact Drummond Law today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Taylorville, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s essential to get the best legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Taylorville, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Taylorville personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is vital for families to contact a local Taylorville claims lawyer as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Taylorville, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Taylorville injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Taylorville, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Taylorville, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Taylorville, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t know about injury cases in Taylorville. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Taylorville claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Taylorville victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Taylorville, IL, are available 24/7.