Veterans Affairs (VA) Lawyers of Southern Illinois
VA Lawyers. There are many attorneys and law firms who say they specialize in disability law. However, in the VA process, it is vital to only work with an attorney that has been approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs to assist vets as a VA lawyer and to discuss disability benefit claims.
An accredited VA lawyer/law firm, like Drummond Law, has an ongoing relationship with the VA agency’s lawyers and judges and can help speed the lengthy process of a VA disability decision. That process, according to VA research, takes an average of 156.4 days. That is simply too long to wait, particularly with the shaky ground uncertainty of not having legal representation while waiting for these crucial benefits.
VA LAWYERS: ONLINE RESOURCES FOR VETERANS IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
- State Veterans Affairs Offices
- VA Map of Pending Claims
- PTSD Programs
- National Association of American Veterans
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Combat Vets Helping Combat Vets
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Inc.
- Veterans Connection
VA Lawyers: Am I Eligible for VA Benefits?
You may be eligible for VA disability benefits or compensation if you meet both of these requirements:
- You have a current illness or injury that affects your mind of body, AND
- You served on active duty, active duty for training, or inactive duty training
And if at least one of the following is true:
- You got sick or injured while serving in the military, and can link this condition to your illness or injury, or
- You had an illness or injury before you joined the military, and serving made it worse, or
- You have a disability related to your active-duty service that didn’t appear until after you ended your service
The Top 10 Most Common VA Disability Claims Seen By Our VA Lawyers:
- Hearing Loss
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Limitation of Flexion, Knee
- Lumbosacral or Cervical Strain
- Paralysis of the Sciatic Nerve
- Limitation of Range of Motion of the Ankle
- Degenerative Arthritis of the Spine
Denial of initial VA claims is an unfortunate and consistent occurrence. In fact, almost 30 percent of all VA disability claims are denied every year. Even worse, 60% of these denials are erroneous. You need a VA lawyer in your corner. A recent report found that the VA improperly denied benefits to thousands of veterans who could not see a doctor during the pandemic. This is troubling. If you find you were improperly denied, or have questions about a denial, do not hesitate to contact your VA lawyers at Drummond Law. Call us today at 800-842-0426.
VA Lawyers: Appealing a Denied VA Benefits Claim
Appealing a VA benefits claim can be troublesome. But a VA lawyer can lessen the load, and help make things less daunting. The best thing you can do prior to your appeal would be to speak with one of the VA lawyers at Drummond Law. We can outline your VA claim, figuring out the reasoning behind the agency’s denial. For a free consultation with an experienced VA lawyer, call us now at 800-842-0426.
The importance of a VA lawyer is profound. The latest data on VA appeals shows that almost 41% of cases with legal representation were overturned and allowed, while only 14.08% were denied. Meanwhile on the cases without representation, only 26.02% were approved and almost 30% were denied.
Your VA Lawyers of Southern Illinois | Drummond Law in Litchfield, IL
Drummond Law has successfully helped over 10,000 people receive disability benefits. As VA lawyers, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a VA claim. Every veteran deserves a VA lawyer that works hard for them. Our skilled staff has developed procedures and documentation processes to help our VA lawyers prove the limitations caused by your conditions that have made the difference in numerous VA cases.
Since 1976, Drummond Law and our VA lawyers have been helping veterans across Illinois and Missouri receive the VA benefits they deserve. To speak with one of our VA lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call today at 800-842-0426.