Workmans Comp Lawyer
Workmans comp lawyer in Missouri and Illinois. When unsafe work conditions result in an illness or a work injury, it’s within your rights to seek the benefits necessary to cover providing for yourself and your family; however, the workers’ compensation process is complex no matter where you live. Any misstep you take could result in your employer or the insurance company denying your claim.
At Drummond Law, our work injury lawyers want to help guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. We can fill out crucial paperwork on your behalf, facilitate communication with all parties involved, and negotiate with your employer and the insurance company for fair and just compensation.
For help filing for workers’ compensation or any other issues regarding your claim, speak with a workmans comp lawyer at Drummond Law now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim With the Help of a Workmans Comp Lawyer
Injuries can result from either one single traumatic event (such as a slip and fall, electrocution, machine-related accident, etc.) or they can develop over time (such as repetitive trauma, toxic exposure, etc.) Both types of injuries are equally valid and equally deserving of compensation.
No work injury is ever too minor, and you should never brush one aside. As soon as you are injured at work, there is no time to waste. Filing a workers’ compensation claim should be the first option to explore. Here are the steps below:
- Tell your manager, HR representative, or employer about the injury – You should also insist they fill out an accident report as soon as possible. Furthermore, it is good practice to give them a written notice within 45 days of the incident detailing the date of the accident and a short description of the injury.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as possible – Tell the doctor that your injury is work-related, and give him or her the name of your employer. Once you leave the treatment center, be sure to follow your physician’s instructions for medical treatment; failure to do so could hurt your claim.
- Keep ALL copies of past and present medical reports – No piece of information is unimportant when it comes to your health and wellbeing.
- File an Application for Adjustment of Claim – If you anticipate that your employer may need to be forced to pay for your benefits now and into the future, you should file this form.
- Make sure that your employer reports your injury to the workers’ compensation insurance company – They will review your claim and you will receive either an approval or contest of the claim.
- Contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorneyOur law firm handles workers’ compensation claims against private industry, state and local government employers, and more. We are not afraid to face down insurance companies and their army of attorneys.
Our experienced workmans comp lawyers listen to you and know that your injuries are valid. We can help shoulder some of the burden you face during what is already a stressful time. If you’ve been injured on the job, Drummond Law can help you get the workmans comp benefits you need.
Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
The laws vary by state, but generally you are eligible for workers’ compensation if you are considered a legal employee and you’ve been hurt while performing a job-related duty. Statute of limitations do apply, so file your claim in a timely manner.
Settlements for workers’ compensation claims in Missouri and Illinois generally include medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of affection and income, mileage and rehabilitation reimbursement, and other expenses related to a workplace accident. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the often muddled work comp legal process. Let us help you file a work comp claim or appeal a denial.
What to Do If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied
Our attorneys handle all aspects of work accident injury claims, whether it’s the initial workers’ compensation claim or an appeal through the various levels of the appellate courts.
Countless employers and their insurers attempt to escape responsibility for injuries that their employees suffer at the workplace. When this happens, you must file a Claim Petition for Workers’ Compensation benefits in court. Proving your injury or disability is often one of the most difficult components of victims’ fights for benefits, so it’s crucial to partner with a workers’ compensation attorney throughout this process.
Your workmans comp lawyer will:
- Help you prove your inability to work
- Uncover the ways in which your employer failed to take adequate safety measures or allowed your work environment to become a risk
- Submit your petition for benefits
- Ensure that all necessary information is included in the petition
- Represent you in the meditation hearing and trial, if necessary.
Hire Our Workers’ Compensation Lawyers | Contact Drummond Law
We understand how stressful it can be if you’re injured on the job and can’t work. We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a workplace injury are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive work comp benefits after an injury has put them out. To speak with our workers’ compensation lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.