Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Edwards County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Edwards County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Edwards County and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Edwards County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s critical to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Edwards County, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Edwards County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s crucial for families to reach out to a local Edwards County claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Edwards County, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Edwards County injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Edwards County, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Edwards County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Edwards County, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Edwards County. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Edwards County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Edwards County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Edwards County, IL, are available 24/7.