Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Litchfield, IL
Personal Injury Claims Litchfield, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Litchfield and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a free consultation. Our Litchfield, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is crucial to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Litchfield, IL, cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Litchfield personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Litchfield claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Litchfield, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Litchfield injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Litchfield, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Litchfield, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Litchfield, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Litchfield. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Litchfield claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re happy to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Litchfield victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Litchfield, IL, are available 24/7.