Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Nokomis, IL
Personal Injury Claims Nokomis, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Nokomis and greater Southern Illinois area. It is crucial for victims to get legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact our attorneys today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Nokomis, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is important to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Nokomis, IL, cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Nokomis personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Nokomis claims attorney ASAP if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Nokomis, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Nokomis injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Nokomis, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Nokomis, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Nokomis, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Nokomis. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Nokomis claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Nokomis victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Nokomis, IL, are available 24/7.