Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Coalton, IL
Personal Injury Claims Coalton, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps injured victims in the Coalton and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Coalton, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s critical to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Coalton, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Coalton personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s vital for families to get in touch with a local Coalton claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Coalton, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Coalton injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Coalton, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Coalton, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Coalton, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Coalton. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Coalton claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Coalton victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Coalton, IL, are available 24/7.