Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims O’Fallon, MO
Personal Injury Claims O’Fallon, MO. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the O’Fallon and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to get legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our O’Fallon, MO, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is essential to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about O’Fallon, MO, claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our O’Fallon personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s crucial for families to contact a local O’Fallon claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the O’Fallon, MO, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our O’Fallon injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your O’Fallon, MO, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in O’Fallon, MO | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in O’Fallon. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our O’Fallon claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage O’Fallon victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in O’Fallon, MO, are available 24/7.