Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Macon, IL
Personal Injury Claims Macon, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Macon and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact our attorneys today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Macon, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is important to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Macon, IL, cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Macon personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is crucial for families to get in touch with a local Macon claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Macon, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Macon injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Macon, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Macon, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Macon, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Macon. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Macon claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Macon victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Macon, IL, are available 24/7.