Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Adams County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Adams County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Adams County and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to get legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact Drummond Law today for additional information and a free consultation. Our Adams County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Adams County, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Adams County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s essential for families to contact a local Adams County claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Adams County, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Adams County injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Adams County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Adams County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Adams County, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Adams County. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Adams County claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We are glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Adams County victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Adams County, IL, are available 24/7.