Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Piatt County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Piatt County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps injured victims in the Piatt County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to get legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Piatt County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is essential to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Piatt County, IL, claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Piatt County personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to contact a local Piatt County claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Piatt County, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Piatt County injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Piatt County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Piatt County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Piatt County, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Piatt County. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Piatt County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Piatt County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Piatt County, IL, are available 24/7.