Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Livingston, IL
Personal Injury Claims Livingston, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Livingston and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to get legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Livingston, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Livingston, IL, cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get depends on a number of factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We will discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Livingston personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is vital for families to contact a local Livingston claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Livingston, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Livingston injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Livingston, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Livingston, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Livingston, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Livingston. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Livingston claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Livingston victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Livingston, IL, are available 24/7.