Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Butler, IL
Personal Injury Claims Butler, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Butler and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s critical for victims to seek out legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact our attorneys now for more information and a free consultation. Our Butler, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is important to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Butler, IL, claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Butler personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s crucial for families to reach out to a local Butler claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Butler, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Butler injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Butler, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Butler, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Butler, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Butler. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Butler claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at pain and suffering, wrongful deaths (if any), medical expenses, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Butler victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Butler, IL, are available 24/7.