Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims De Soto, MO
Personal Injury Claims De Soto, MO. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the De Soto and greater Southern Illinois area. It is important for victims to seek out legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our De Soto, MO, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s essential to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about De Soto, MO, cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our De Soto personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local De Soto claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the De Soto, MO, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our De Soto injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your De Soto, MO, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in De Soto, MO, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in De Soto, MO | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in De Soto. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our De Soto claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage De Soto victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in De Soto, MO, are available 24/7.