Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Alton, IL
Personal Injury Claims Alton, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Alton and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact Drummond Law now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Alton, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is critical to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Alton, IL, claims:
- Most injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Alton personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s crucial for families to reach out to a local Alton claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Alton, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Alton injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Alton, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Alton, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Alton, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Alton. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Alton claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Alton victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Alton, IL, are available 24/7.