Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Brighton, IL
Personal Injury Claims Brighton, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps injured victims in the Brighton and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact Drummond Law today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Brighton, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is critical to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Brighton, IL, claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Brighton personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It is very important for families to contact a local Brighton claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Brighton, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Brighton injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Brighton, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Brighton, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the highest amount of compensation possible. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Brighton, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Brighton. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Brighton claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Brighton victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Brighton, IL, are available 24/7.