Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Staunton, IL
Personal Injury Claims Staunton, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Staunton and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Staunton, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Staunton, IL, claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Staunton personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s essential for families to get in touch with a local Staunton claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Staunton, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Staunton injury claims firm today for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Staunton, IL, Injury Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Staunton, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Staunton, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Staunton. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Staunton claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We are happy to discuss cases that involve injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Staunton victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Staunton, IL, are available 24/7.