Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Murphysboro, IL
Personal Injury Claims Murphysboro, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Murphysboro and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s critical for victims to seek out legal representation to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Murphysboro, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Murphysboro, IL, claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get depends on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Murphysboro personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Murphysboro claims attorney as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Murphysboro, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Murphysboro injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Murphysboro, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and crashes into a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Murphysboro, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Murphysboro, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Murphysboro. Here are a handful of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Murphysboro claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We’re happy to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Murphysboro victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Murphysboro, IL, are available 24/7.