Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Mt. Vernon, IL
Personal Injury Claims Mt. Vernon, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Mt. Vernon and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s crucial for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a free consultation. Our Mt. Vernon, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s essential to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Mt. Vernon, IL, cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Mt. Vernon personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is crucial for families to reach out to a local Mt. Vernon claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Mt. Vernon, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Mt. Vernon injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Mt. Vernon, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Mt. Vernon, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Mt. Vernon, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Mt. Vernon. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Mt. Vernon claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Mt. Vernon victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Mt. Vernon, IL, are available 24/7.