Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Sangamon County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Sangamon County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Sangamon County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to get legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact our attorneys now for additional information and a free consultation. Our Sangamon County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is essential to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Sangamon County, IL, claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can get varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Sangamon County personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s vital for families to contact a local Sangamon County claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Sangamon County, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Sangamon County injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Sangamon County, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Sangamon County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Sangamon County, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about injury claims in Sangamon County. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Sangamon County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Sangamon County victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Sangamon County, IL, are available 24/7.