Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Decatur, IL
Personal Injury Claims Decatur, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Decatur and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s crucial for victims to get legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact Drummond Law today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Decatur, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Decatur, IL, claims:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Decatur personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Decatur claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Decatur, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Decatur injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Decatur, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and crashes into another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Decatur, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Decatur, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Decatur. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Decatur claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Decatur victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Decatur, IL, are available 24/7.