Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Ohlman, IL
Personal Injury Claims Ohlman, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Ohlman and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s critical for victims to seek out legal representation that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact Drummond Law now for additional information and a case review and free consultation. Our Ohlman, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s crucial to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Ohlman, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Ohlman personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to contact a local Ohlman claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC notes that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Ohlman, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Ohlman injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Ohlman, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Ohlman, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Ohlman, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Ohlman. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm today.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Ohlman claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Ohlman victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Ohlman, IL, are available 24/7.