Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Belleville, IL
Personal Injury Claims Belleville, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Belleville and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s important for victims to seek out legal counsel to help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact us today for more information and a case review and free consultation. Our Belleville, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is crucial to get top-notch legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Belleville, IL, cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Belleville personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It is essential for families to get in touch with a local Belleville claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Belleville, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Belleville injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Belleville, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver ignores a red light and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Belleville, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Belleville, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Belleville. Here are a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact our firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Belleville claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are glad to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Belleville victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Belleville, IL, are available 24/7.