Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Barr, IL
Personal Injury Claims Barr, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Barr and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys today for additional information and a free consultation. Our Barr, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It is essential to get top-notch legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Barr, IL, claims and cases:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Barr personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It’s very important for families to get in touch with a local Barr claims lawyer ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Barr, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Barr injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Barr, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step for proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Barr, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Barr, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Barr. Here are a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Roughly five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Barr claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What kinds of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team right away. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Barr victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Barr, IL, are available 24/7.