Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Metropolis, IL
Personal Injury Claims Metropolis, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps injured victims in the Metropolis and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact Drummond Law now for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Metropolis, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s crucial to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Metropolis, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Metropolis personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s essential for families to reach out to a local Metropolis claims lawyer as soon as possible if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Metropolis, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Metropolis injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We have recovered millions for clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Metropolis, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an incident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, like fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Metropolis, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Metropolis, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about personal injury claims in Metropolis. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm today.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Metropolis claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We’re glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Metropolis victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Metropolis, IL, are available 24/7.