Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Piasa, IL
Personal Injury Claims Piasa, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Piasa and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Piasa, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s critical to get the best legal counsel if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Piasa, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down the page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Piasa personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is crucial for families to reach out to a local Piasa claims attorney ASAP if there’s a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Piasa, IL, area. If you’ve been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Piasa injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Piasa, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a few ways to do this. Below, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm might include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Piasa, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it is to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Piasa, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t know about personal injury cases in Piasa. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? Probably not. Only about five percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Piasa claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re glad to discuss cases involving car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Piasa victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Piasa, IL, are available 24/7.