Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Lawrence County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Lawrence County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping injured victims in the Lawrence County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s critical for victims to seek out legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Feel free to contact us today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Lawrence County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It is essential to get the best legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured in order to settle a claim. Below, we provide a few statistics about Lawrence County, IL, claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive depends on multiple factors. This may include financial implications, the state you’re in, who’s at fault, and other factors. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider as well. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Lawrence County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is essential for families to get in touch with a local Lawrence County claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and can offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay anything. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Lawrence County, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Lawrence County injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We have recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Lawrence County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a few ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: The next step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Lawrence County, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they are fairly compensated. We understand how troubling it can be to pursue a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like paying off medical bills, taking care of a family member, or not being able to work, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Lawyers in Lawrence County, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t know about injury claims in Lawrence County. Here are a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact us firm now.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Lawrence County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than an initial settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We’re glad to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Lawrence County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to win our clients proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Lawrence County, IL, are available 24/7.