Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Owaneco, IL
Personal Injury Claims Owaneco, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps clients in the Owaneco and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to get legal counsel that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Feel free to contact us now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Owaneco, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s important to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury in order to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Owaneco, IL, claims:
- Most personal injury claims involve motor vehicles, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly five percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The rest of claims are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We will discuss this further down this page. There are general and special damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Owaneco personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It is essential for families to reach out to a local Owaneco claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC points out that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay anything. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury cases and claims, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Owaneco, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, feel free to reach out to our Owaneco injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and work to make sure you’re justly compensated.
Your Owaneco, IL, Injury Claims Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how an entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver blows through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm may include medical bills, lost time at work due to an injury, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Owaneco, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they get the compensation they deserve. Our firm understands how troubling it is to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Owaneco, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t understand about personal injury claims in Owaneco. Below, we’ve provided a handful of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Owaneco claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much is my case worth? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team now. We’re happy to discuss cases that involve injuries that happen after car or truck accidents, medical malpractice, workers compensation, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Owaneco victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Owaneco, IL, are available 24/7.