Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Palmyra, IL
Personal Injury Claims Palmyra, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Palmyra and greater Southern Illinois area. It is critical for victims to seek out legal counsel that will help them with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys now for additional information and a free case review and consultation. Our Palmyra, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s essential to get the best legal counsel if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Below, our firm provides a few statistics about Palmyra, IL, claims:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Nearly 5 percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can get varies on a number of factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there’s no harm in contacting to one of our Palmyra personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, similar to the number of vehicle-related fatalities. It is very important for families to contact a local Palmyra claims lawyer ASAP if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve compensation for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our personal claim attorneys are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at injury claims and the process for settling them, you can reach out to our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Palmyra, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Palmyra injury claims firm now for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make your reimbursement our number one priority.
Your Palmyra, IL, Injury Attorneys
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, we list the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an incident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their patrons from harm, such as fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver fails to stop at a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Causation is simply what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Palmyra, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Palmyra, IL | FAQs
There’s probably a lot you don’t understand about personal injury cases in Palmyra. Here are a couple of questions many of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm today.
- Will I have to go to trial? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a negligent driver or an insurer don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Palmyra claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other financial hardships. Investigate similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer free consultations and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We are happy to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Palmyra victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Palmyra, IL, are available 24/7.