Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Divernon, IL
Personal Injury Claims Divernon, IL. The Drummond Law Firm helps victims and their families in the Divernon and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to get legal counsel to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in personal injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact us now for additional information and a free consultation. Our Divernon, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our firm has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s crucial to get the best legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Here, we provide a few statistics about Divernon, IL, claims and cases:
- Most injury claims involve vehicles, according to the BJS. Nearly 5 percent of claims involve product liability and 15 to medical malpractice. The remaining claims are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive depends on multiple factors. Considerations include the state you’re in, who is at fault, and other financial implications. We will discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there is no harm in reaching out to one of our Divernon personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is similar to vehicle mortality rates. It is crucial for families to reach out to a local Divernon claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC reports that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries each year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (844) 706-7710 and offer advice on how to proceed after an injury. We bill on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a claim, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? The odds are that it won’t. Only a small percentage (around 5%) of cases make it to trial. Most are settled out of the courtroom due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Divernon, IL, area. If you’ve been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Divernon injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Divernon, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. At work, on the road, riding a bike, slipping down a flight of stairs, and any number of other situations that may cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to do this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there’s a duty of care is the first step in proving negligence after an accident. For instance, it’s a business owner’s “duty” to protect his or her patrons from harm, such as fixing faulty wiring or a loose handrail.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how a person or entity “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and crashes into a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not doing so.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a landlord not salting a metal fire escape. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there must be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we’ll discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Divernon, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it can be to open a claim after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is especially important when other concerns, such as recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Divernon, IL | FAQs
There is likely a lot you don’t understand about injury cases in Divernon. Here are a couple of questions many of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. For more information about filing claims, contact us firm today.
- Will my claim go to court? Probably not. Roughly 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is because at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Divernon claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a number of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for similar case results for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in many different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. We offer consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to call our team today. We are happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Accepting an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering lost wages, medical bills, recovery time, and other financial pressures, we encourage Divernon victims to contact Drummond Law for a free case review and consultation as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Divernon, IL, are available 24/7.