Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Franklin County, IL
Personal Injury Claims Franklin County, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping clients in the Franklin County and greater Southern Illinois area. It’s essential for victims to seek out legal representation that will assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other areas. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Franklin County, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help clients get the reimbursement they deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients and their families. It’s essential to get the best legal representation if you’ve suffered an injury to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Franklin County, IL, cases:
- The majority of injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the BJS. About 5 percent of claims involve product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The rest of cases are categorized as “other.”
- The types of compensation you can receive varies on multiple factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down the page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you believe you have a claim, there’s no harm in reaching out to one of our Franklin County personal injury claim attorneys.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls in the workplace account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s crucial for families to get in touch with a local Franklin County claims lawyer as soon as possible if there is a serious injury and/or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC points out that there are more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. If you need legal representation for an injury claim or work-comp case, don’t hesitate to call. The Drummond team is here to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at settling personal injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Franklin County, IL, area. If you have been in an accident due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Franklin County injury claims firm now for a free case review and consultation. We’ve recovered millions for our clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Franklin County, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. commuting to work, riding a rollercoaster, being prescribed the wrong medication, falling down the steps of a bus, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There’s a couple ways to do this. Below, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: We as a society have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, such as fixing protruding nails or a dangerous stairway.
- Breach: Another step in proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. A good example is a driver blows through a stop sign and hits a pedestrian or another car. The driver knew they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a driver knowing they’re going too fast. This is the negligent act that breaches the duty of care.
- Damages: Lastly, there has to be financial damages. Financial harm might include rehabilitation, lost wages, and other expenses we will discuss further down the page.
Our injury claim attorneys in Franklin County, IL, defend victims and their families and ensure they are fairly compensated. Our firm understands how troubling it can be to open a claim or case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is helpful to clients with other concerns, like recovery, hospital bills, lost wages, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Franklin County, IL | FAQs
There is probably a lot you don’t understand about injury claims in Franklin County. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this site to learn more. To learn more about the claims process, contact our firm today.
- What are the odds my case will go to trial? The odds say no. Only about 5 percent of personal injury claims make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to both parties to settle out of court, though our Franklin County claims attorneys have trial experience and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much compensation can I get? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Reimbursement is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Investigate cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you or a family member are injured and there are serious financial implications, you may have a valid injury claim. Drummond Law offers free assessments and case reviews, so there’s no reason not to call our team now. We’re happy to discuss cases involving injuries like slips and falls, medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, and Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim may be tempting for injured victims. Considering recovery time, medical expenses, lost wages due to an injury, and other financial pressures, we encourage Franklin County victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Franklin County, IL, are available 24/7.