Personal Injury Lawyers
Injury Claims Vandalia, IL
Personal Injury Claims Vandalia, IL. The Drummond Law Firm specializes in helping victims and their families in the Vandalia and greater Southern Illinois area. It is essential for victims to seek out legal representation to assist with claims and lawsuits. The trial lawyers at Drummond Law specialize in injury law, Social Security, and other practices. Please contact our attorneys today for more information and a free case review and consultation. Our Vandalia, IL, injury claim lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Drummond Law has more than 40 years of experience in helping clients. It’s important to get top-notch legal representation if you or a family member has been seriously injured to settle a claim. Here, our firm provides a few statistics about Vandalia, IL, claims and cases:
- The majority of personal injury claims involve cars and trucks, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics. About five percent of claims are related to product liability and fifteen to medical malpractice. The remaining cases are classified as “other.”
- The types of compensation victims can receive varies on a number of factors. The type of injury, the state you are in, and fault, are all considered. We’ll discuss this further down this page. There are special and general damages to consider. If you think you have a claim, there is no harm in contacting to one of our Vandalia personal injury claim lawyers.
- According to OSHA, unintentional falls at work account for nearly 34,000 deaths a year, which is about how many people die each year in car accidents. It’s vital for families to reach out to a local Vandalia claims attorney as soon as possible if there is a serious injury or a fatality. You deserve reimbursement for your loss. The CDC notes that there’s more than 140,000 unintentional injuries every year.
- Drummond Law’s legal services are free. Our injury claim lawyers are available 24/7 at (800) 842-0426 and offer guidance on how to proceed after an injury. We charge on contingency, which means that if we don’t win a case, you don’t pay any legal fees. Injury and social security claims are complicated, and you deserve professional help. Drummond Law is ready to help.
- Will your claim go to trial? Probably not. Around five percent of cases actually go to trial. Most are settled out-of-court due to privacy, cost, and efficiency.
- For a more in-depth look at work injury claims, contact our team today.
Drummond Law is a leading workers compensation and Social Security Disability law firm in the Vandalia, IL, area. If you have been injured due to negligence or in the workplace, please reach out to our Vandalia injury claims firm today for a free consultation and case review. We’ve recovered millions for clients and make it our goal to ensure you’re justly compensated.
Your Vandalia, IL, Injury Claims Lawyers
There are countless ways you can be injured. In your own home, getting into a car accident, slipping and falling at work, and any number of other situations that can cause you harm. The key to winning a personal injury case is proving negligence. There are a couple ways to go about this. Here, Drummond Law lists the basic elements of proving negligence:
- Reasonable Duty of Care: People have a moral “duty of care” in everyday interactions. Proving that there is a duty of care is the main step in proving negligence after an accident. For example, it is a business owner’s “duty” to protect their customers from harm, like fixing a hole in the floor or faulty wiring.
- Breach: The next step for proving negligence is showing how the negligent party “breached” their duty of care. An example would be a driver speeds through a stop sign and hits a car or truck. They know they were supposed to stop, but breached their duty of care by not stopping.
- Causation: Put simply, causation is what caused the breach, like a store owner knowingly ignoring a dangerous situation. This is the negligent act that breaches any expected duty of care.
- Damages: Finally, there has to be financial repercussions. Financial harm may include lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses we will discuss later.
Our injury claim attorneys in Vandalia, IL, defend victims and their families and make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We understand how troubling it is to open a case after a serious injury. Drummond specializes in client relations and is available 24/7. This is important when other concerns, such as not being able to work, paying medical expenses, taking care of family, and other hardships.
Your Injury Claim Attorneys in Vandalia, IL | FAQs
There’s likely a lot you don’t know about injury cases in Vandalia. Below, we’ve provided a couple of questions a lot of our personal injury clients ask. You can also view our other areas of this website to learn more. If you want additional information about the process for filing a claim, contact our firm now.
- Will my claim go to court? The odds say no. Only about five percent of personal injury claims ever make it to trial. This is due to the fact that at-fault parties like a business or negligent driver don’t want the claim to go public. It’s usually beneficial to all involved parties to settle out of court, though our Vandalia claims attorneys have trial experience and can and will go to trial on behalf of our clients if the case is worth more than the original settlement offer.
- How much can I win? Compensation depends on a variety of factors. Compensation is determined by looking at medical expenses, punitive damages, if there was a death, and other financial hardships. Look for cases similar to yours for a rough estimate or ask your injury lawyer.
- What types of cases do you take? Our firm specializes in several different areas of injury and employment law. If you’ve been hurt and there are financial ramifications, you might have a case. Drummond Law offers consultations and free case assessments, so there’s no reason not to contact our team right away. We are happy to discuss cases that involve car or truck accidents, workers compensation, or Social Security Disability.
Filing an insurance claim is often tempting for injured victims. Considering the severity of the injury, a death in the family, medical expenses, and other financial pressures, we encourage Vandalia victims to contact Drummond Law for a consultation and free case review as soon as possible. It’s our job to help you get proper compensation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our personal injury attorneys in Vandalia, IL, are available 24/7.