Work Comp Attorney in Royal Lakes, IL
Work Comp Attorney in Royal Lakes, IL. When an illness or injury occurs while at work, you have every right to seek compensation so that you can continue to provide for you and your family|If you ever get hurt on the job, it’s your right to seek compensation so that you can continue to keep the lights on and put food on the table for you and your family; however, the workers’ compensation process is oftentimes complicated no matter what part of the country you call home. Any error you make could result in your employer or the insurance company denying your claim.
At Drummond Law, our work comp attorneys will guide you through the process from start to finish. We can fill out critical paperwork for you, facilitate necessary communication with all involved parties, and negotiate with your employer and their insurance company for full and fair compensation.
If you’ve been hurt on the job and need assistance with any issues relating to a work comp claim, talk to a work comp attorney in Royal Lakes, IL, at Drummond Law today. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
How to File a Work Comp Claim With the Help of a Work Comp Attorney in Royal Lakes, IL
Injuries may result from either one single traumatic event (including a machine-related accident, slip and fall, electrocution, etc.) or they can occur over time (such as toxic exposure, repetitive stress, etc.) Both kinds of injuries are equally valid and equally worthy of compensation.
No work injury is ever too minor, and you shouldn’t brush one aside. The moment you discover a work-related injury, time is quite literally money. Filing a workers’ compensation claim should be the first option to explore. Here are the steps below:
- Tell your manager, HR representative, or employer about the injury – Also, insist that they fill out an accident report. It is also good practice to send them a notice detailing the accident and the injury in writing.
- Seek medical treatment as soon as you can – Inform the doctor that the injury happened while at work and tell them the name of your employer. Also, be sure to follow all of the physician’s orders for treatment, because failure to do so may jeopardize your claim.
- Hold on to ALL copies of present and past medical records – No piece of information is unimportant when it comes to your wellbeing and health.
- File an Application for Adjustment of Claim – If you anticipate that your employer may need to be forced to pay for your benefits now and into the future, you should file this form.
- Make sure that your employer reports the injury to the workers’ compensation insurance company – They’ll look over your claim and you will receive either an approval or contest of the claim.
- Get in touch with a qualified work comp attorney in Royal Lakes, IL – Our law firm handles workers’ compensation claims against state and local government employers, private industry, and more.
Our experienced work comp attorneys in Royal Lakes listen to you and believe that your injuries are valid. We will take some of the load off of your shoulders during a time that is no doubt stressful enough. If you have been injured on the job, Drummond Law can help you get the workmans comp benefits you need.
Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Royal Lakes?
The laws are different from state to state, but in general you’re eligible for workers’ compensation if you are considered a legal employee and you’ve been injured while performing a work-related responsibility. Statute of limitations do apply, so file your claim in a timely manner.
Settlements for workers’ compensation claims generally include medical bills, loss of affection and income, mileage and rehabilitation reimbursement, pain and suffering, and other costs related to a workplace incident. We are well-acquainted with all the regulations, rules, and laws associated with the often complicated work comp legal process, so speak with us today.
Types of Work Injuries
No matter how relatively safe a place may be, an accident can happen anywhere. At Drummond Law, we see them every day. Here are the most common types of work injuries that qualify for work comp.
- Falls, slips, and trips – This is the number one thing many people think about in regard to a work accident. Injuries can be caused by poor lighting, spills, debris in walkways, and icy, wet, oily, or uneven surfaces. You are entitled to a work comp claim if you sustained an injury because the employer should’ve taken acts to prevent this injury, such as fixing broken lights, non-slip mats, proper safety signage, de-icing walkways, etc.
- Being hit by an object – This is common in careers that involve heavy machinery, such as construction, manufacturing, and farming. A person may be hit by a swinging, rolling, flying, or falling object causing blunt-force trauma. Employers should ensure that all hazards are identified and give their workers proper warnings and gear to protect against them.
- Electrocution, fire, explosion – This can result from exposed wiring, faulty electrical outlets, combustible materials, open flames, and gas lines. In addition to the burns these cause, the injuries can include internal organ damage, respiratory issues, and in the worst cases, death.
- Vehicle-related accidents – These involve anyone who was driving while performing a work-related task, people who may drive for a living (such as truck drivers), or anyone who spends time working near machinery or other cars on the road. Whether or not this is seen as personal injury or work comp will depend on the facts of your case.
- Repetitive stress and overexertion – If your job involves a lot of pulling, pushing, lifting, throwing, carrying, and holding motions, it can lead to lasting effects including lower-back injuries, chronic joint pain, carpal tunnel, muscle strain, and more. A worker might be entitled to a workers’ compensation claim because employers should provide protective gear and allow frequent breaks.
- Work-related illness – In many cases, working in an older building may expose you to asbestos which causes a cancer known as mesothelioma. Other types of toxic, chemical, or illness exposures can occur in everything from manufacturing facilities to corporate offices. Whether the onset of the illness took place in a short amount of time or over years, you may still be eligible for a claim.
What to Do If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied
Countless employers and their insurers attempt to escape responsibility for injuries that their employees suffer at the workplace. When this happens, you must file a Claim Petition for Workers’ Compensation benefits in court. Verifying your disability or injury is often one of the most difficult parts of fighting for the benefits you are entitled to, so it’s vitally important to partner with a Royal Lakes work comp attorney throughout this process.
Your work comp attorney will:
- Help verify that you cannot work and need compensation
- Discover all the ways how your employer did not take proper safety precautions or let your workplace run the risk of injury
- File all paperwork on your behalf
- Ensure that all necessary information is included in the petition
- Represent you in front of the various levels of the appellate courts
Hire Our Work Comp Attorneys in Royal Lakes, IL | Contact Drummond Law
We get that being injured on the job and thus not being able to provide for your family is a troubling experience, and that you have the right to be compensated for your troubles. For more than 45 years, Drummond Law has been helping Royal Lakes workers get the benefits they deserve after getting hurt on the job. To get in touch with our work comp attorneys in Royal Lakes, IL, for a free case evaluation, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.