Work Comp Attorney in Benld, IL
Work Comp Attorney in Benld, IL. After a hardworking individual suffers an injury while on the job, they shouldn’t have to worry about how they will provide for themselves and their family|If you ever get hurt on the job, it’s your right to seek compensation so that you can continue to keep the lights on and put food on the table for you and your family; however, the workers’ compensation process is often complex no matter the state you live in. Any misstep you take could result in your employer or the insurance company rejecting your claim.
At Drummond Law, our work injury lawyers want to help guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. We can fill out crucial paperwork on your behalf, facilitate communication with all parties involved, and negotiate with the insurance company and your employer for fair and just compensation.
If you have been injured on the job and need help filing a workers’ compensation claim or appealing a denial, talk to a work comp attorney in Benld, IL, at Drummond Law today. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
How to File a Work Comp Claim With the Help of a Work Comp Attorney in Benld, IL
Injuries may result from either one single traumatic event (such as a slip and fall, electrocution, machine-related accident, etc.) or they can occur over time (such as toxic exposure, repetitive stress, etc.) Both kinds of injuries are equally valid and equally meriting of compensation.
No work injury is ever insignificant, and you should never take them lightly. As soon as you find out about an injury that was caused by a job-related duty, there is no time to waste. Filing a workers’ compensation claim should be the first option to explore. Here are the steps below:
- Inform your employer, manager or HR rep about the injury – Also, insist that they fill out an accident report. It is also good practice to send them a notice detailing the accident and the injury in writing.
- Seek medical care as soon as you can – Inform the doctor that the injury happened while at work and tell them the name of your employer. Also, be sure to follow all of the physician’s orders for treatment, because failure to do so may jeopardize your claim.
- Hold on to ALL copies of present and past medical reports – No piece of information is unimportant when it comes to your wellbeing and health.
- File an Application for Adjustment of Claim – If you feel your employer may resist paying for your treatments now or in the future, you will want to file this form.
- Make sure that your employer reports your injury to the workers’ compensation insurance company – They will review your claim and you will receive either an approval or denial of the claim.
- Get in touch with an experienced work comp attorney in Benld, IL – Our law firm handles workers’ compensation claims against private industry, state and local government employers, and more.
Our experienced work comp attorneys in Benld listen to you and believe that your injuries are valid. We will take some of the load off of your shoulders during a time that is no doubt stressful enough. If you’ve been injured on the job, Drummond Law can help you get the workmans comp benefits you need.
Am I Eligible For Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Benld?
The laws vary by state, but generally you are entitled to workers’ compensation if you’re a legal employee and you’ve been injured while performing a work-related responsibility. Statute of limitations do apply, so file your claim in a timely manner.
Settlements for workers’ compensation claims usually include medical bills, loss of affection and income, mileage and rehabilitation reimbursement, pain and suffering, and other expenses related to a workplace incident. We’re familiar with all the regulations, rules, and laws associated with the often complicated work comp legal process, so give us a call to learn more now.
Most Common Work Injuries
No matter how relatively safe a place may be, an accident can happen anywhere. At Drummond Law, we take on cases with a variety of accident causes. Here are the most common types of workplace accidents that qualify for workmans comp.
- Slips, falls, and trips – This is the main thing most people think of when they imagine a work accident. Injuries can be caused by ice, spills, uneven walking surfaces, poor lighting, debris in walkways, and oily surfaces. You are entitled to a work comp claim if you suffer an injury because the employer should’ve taken measures to prevent this injury, such as putting proper safety signs in place, non-slip mats, de-icing walkways, fixing broken lights, etc.
- Getting struck by an object – This is common in careers that involve heavy machinery, such as manufacturing, construction, and farming. A person may be struck by a swinging, flying, falling, or rolling object resulting in blunt-force trauma. Employers should ensure that all hazards are identified and give their workers proper warnings and gear to protect against them.
- Explosions, fire, electrocution – This can be caused by exposed wiring, faulty electrical outlets, combustible materials, open flames, and gas lines. Besides the burns these cause, the injuries can include respiratory issues, internal damage, and in the worst cases, death.
- Vehicular accidents – These involve anyone who was driving while performing a work-related task, people who may drive for a living (such as truck drivers), or anyone who spends time working near machinery or other cars on the road. Whether or not this is viewed as personal injury or work comp depends on your specific case.
- Overexertion or repetitive stress – If your job involves a lot of pulling, pushing, lifting, throwing, carrying, and holding motions, it can lead to lasting effects such as chronic joint pain, muscle strain, carpal tunnel, lower-back injuries, and more. A worker might be entitled to a workers’ compensation claim because employers should provide protective gear and allow frequent breaks.
- Work-related illness – For example, working in an older building may expose you to asbestos which causes a rare form of cancer called mesothelioma. Other types of illness, chemical, or toxic exposures may be common in everything from manufacturing facilities to corporate offices. Whether the onset of the illness took place over the years or in a shortened period of time, you may still be eligible for a claim.
What to Do If Your Workers’ Comp Claim Is Denied
Countless employers and their insurers attempt to escape responsibility for injuries that their employees suffer at the workplace. If this is happening to you, you must file a Claim Petition for Workers’ Compensation benefits in court. Proving your disability or injury is often one of the most onerous components of fighting for the benefits you are entitled to, so it’s critical to partner with a Benld work comp attorney throughout this process.
A work comp attorney at Drummond Law will:
- Help you prove your inability to work and need for benefits
- Discover all the ways how your employer did not take proper safety precautions or let your workplace run the risk of injury
- Submit your petition for benefits
- Ensure that all necessary information is included in the petition
- Represent you in the meditation hearing and trial, if necessary
Hire Our Work Comp Attorneys in Benld, IL | Contact Drummond Law
We understand how stressful it can be if you are injured on the job and cannot work and adequately provide for your family. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people in Benld receive work comp benefits after an injury has put them out. To get in touch with our work comp attorneys in Benld, IL, for a free case review, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.