SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Woodford County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Woodford County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you require in order to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Woodford County, IL, now. Please contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Woodford County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for the Social Security program can be complicated and confusing. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and the claim is denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can ensure the claim develops without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. Within this time, we’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Woodford County, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Woodford County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Woodford County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Woodford County, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.