SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL
Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and the claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee the claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve gained a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.