SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL
Social Security lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for Social Security benefits is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people do not get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve cultivated a thorough understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We’ll file an appeal on your behalf and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Mt. Olive, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.