SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Edgar County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Edgar County, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Edgar County, IL, now. Please contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Edgar County, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim is denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can ensure your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have cultivated a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Edgar County, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Edgar County, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Edgar County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Edgar County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.