SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
Social Security lawyers in Palmyra, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with as much respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Palmyra, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve gained a detailed grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will file an appeal on your behalf as well as represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Palmyra, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Palmyra, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For example, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Palmyra, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Palmyra, IL, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.