SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Butler, IL
Social Security lawyers in Butler, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with as much empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you require in order to live comfortably. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Butler, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Butler, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and the claim was denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When we’re involved from the start, you can make sure the claim develops without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we’ve cultivated a detailed grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Butler, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Butler, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Butler, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Butler, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.