SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Cass, IL
Social Security lawyers in Cass, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live comfortably. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Cass, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Cass, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. Many people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and the claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can make sure the claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have gained a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Cass, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Cass, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Cass, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Cass, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.