SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Chesterfield, IL
Social Security lawyers in Chesterfield, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with as much empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live comfortably. We know all the regulations, laws, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Chesterfield, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for the Social Security program is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and the claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have gained a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Chesterfield, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Chesterfield, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.